Disclaimer notice relating to The London Landmarks Skyscraper Challenge
This disclaimer notice applies to The London Landmarks Skyscraper Challenge (Event) run by Tommy’s and LLHM Ltd (we or us).
2. Participating in the Event
By participating in the Event, you agree that you:
– are fit to participate in the Event;
– are capable of undertaking the abseil and zipwire challenge unaided;
– do not have any physical limitations, medical ailments or physical disabilities that would limit or prevent you from taking part in the Event or otherwise have an adverse effect on your ability to safely take part in the Event;
– will comply with the following Event rules:
– you will handle all equipment solely as directed by us and our agents, employees or subcontractors; and
– you will not cause any nuisance, distress, annoyance, fear or concern to any other participant or by your acts or omissions interfere with our ability to deliver the Event in a safe manner,
– as well as all other obligations included in the Event terms and conditions here: Event Entry Terms & Conditions
– will comply with any notices, warnings or instructions that are displayed or given to you by our staff;
– will act and behave in a responsible, sensible and safe manner at all times; and
– are responsible for any personal equipment or property that you use during the course of the Event and you will ensure that such equipment or property is in good working order, has been properly maintained and is used safely and in accordance with its instructions.
3. Medically fit to participate
Participating in the Event involves undertaking potentially demanding and physical activities. There are risks associated with these activities that we cannot fully remove or mitigate. You should ensure that you are fully aware of the associated risks of participating in the Event.
We are not qualified to express an opinion confirming that you are fit to participate in the Event and you must ensure that you are fit to participate. You must not participate if you are suffering from any serious medical condition or have recently undergone surgery unless you have a certificate of your fitness to participate from your doctor. You must not participate if you are 12 weeks or more than 12 weeks pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
4. What are we each responsible for?
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us:
– you are participating in the Event entirely at your own risk;
– your use of any equipment or property is entirely at your own risk;
– we are not responsible or liable for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your equipment, property or possessions at our Event (including on our premises); and
– you will be liable for any damage or loss caused by you.
5. Right to record the event
During the Event, filming, photography and broadcasting may take place, which may capture or record you in images and/or recordings. For information about how your personal information will be used, please see our Privacy Notice here: Privacy Notice
By attending the Event, you grant permission for us to record and use your voice, image and likeness captured by any means (including using mobile devices, telephones and cameras) during, at or around the Event (including on our premises). This may be used in photographic images and/or films and for advertising our events.
We only use your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Notice here: Privacy Notice Please ensure you take the time to read this, as it includes important information.
6. Governing law and jurisdiction
The laws of England and Wales apply to this disclaimer, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales or in the courts of another part of the UK in which you live.
Before you sign this disclaimer notice, it is important that you have read and understood the statement in full. If there is any term in this disclaimer notice that is not clear to you or you do not understand, please speak to a member of staff or contact us at [email protected] before you sign.